A pair of Patton 2173 Ethernet Extenders work together to create a transparent extension between two peered Ethernet LANs. The figure above shows a typical point-to-point application.
The Patton 2173 is a Multi Rate 100 Mbps Ethernet Extender Kit with 2 units preset to local and remote. They come with 110-240VAC power supplies.
- Ethernet Extension—Extends 10/100Base-TX Ethernet up to 4,250 feet over 2-wire 24 AWG twisted pair.
- Operates Over Twisted Pair—Near fiber speeds without the cost of new cable or fiber installations or the hassles of wireless line of site.
- Plug and Play—Modems need no configuration to operate, Ethernet ports are auto-sensing 10/100, full or half duplex.
- Multiple Line Rates Supported—Switch-selectable line rates ensure best possible rate vs. reach combination.
- Transparent LAN Bridging—No network configuration. Will pass higher layer protocols, including 802.1Q VLAN tagged and untagged packets. Fully transparent to various UP video compression schemes such as WMV, MPEG-4 and MJPEG.
These have been replaced by the Patton CL1214